Wednesday 30 March 2011

THE NORTH!!!

We are back in the north!! I love it!!

On friday Deb and I drove up to Manchester from Oxford, while Emily and Mark went south to London. I had a lovely weekend with an old friend, reminiscing, drinking and watching football! As we were leaving Macclesfield to head to Leeds on Monday, we stopped to fill up on diesel and check tyre pressures. A routine check turned into a longer delay, as I discovered a broken seal on one of the tyre valves. I had been looking at the tyre earlier in the day, thinking it looked rather flat, so it was a good thing I heard the sound of air after pumping it up! I did a quick(ish) tyre change, which the cast were most impressed with, and then we continued on to Leeds. The following morning, while workshops were being run, I located a tyre repair company close by and had a replacement valve put on, so now we are all good!

After performing in Leeds, we drove to Ingleton, on the edge of the North Yorkshire Dales, and Emily, Mark and I took the opportunity to walk up a big hill and enjoy some spectacular late afternoon views. It was breathtaking up there, and I intend to visit more summits, as I believe it good for the mind!!

Just two more days before I get back to my house, which I have missed quite sorely at points for the last 5 weeks...YOUPIII!!!

jack

No comments:

Post a Comment